Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning Kendo from Itou Sensei

Kendo Seminar was awesome, with Fernando Sensei, doing kendo is something different. I feel better the days that he stayed here. (It's like: here there's no problem)
The seminary was directed by two 8ºdan Sensei. Nagata Sensei 8ºdan hanshi, and Ito Sensei 8ºdan kyoshi of Kendo and Iaido.


When I saw Ito sensei was very funny because something make me go near him, and I didn't know who was, but I saw Sensei smiling and suddenly I was talking with him. Since I greet him I felt the energy of a great person. I don't know how we communicated because I didn't speak any Japanese.

In the afternoon we had kata seminary, and first I was alone without partner and Ito Sensei came and help me, I couldn't believe that, a 8ºdan was being my partner to train kata. Awesome!
Then Wilder, my friend of Peru was alone, so we had to change, but Ito Sensei came to help us everytime, Ito Sensei is very nice and friendly, he explained us everything with signs and sounds.

The last day, to sayonara party I went with some friends, at "Churrasquería" and while I was eating Ito sensei came with a man who speaks portuguese and japanese. Ito sensei told me that he saw my shiai and he liked, (my basics and the intention)

I told him that I was too happy to meet him and I felt very good talking with him, he gave me his card and I promise him: "In 6 months I will be speaking Japanese" He was very happy. I like him so much is an excellent Sensei and always with a smile.

I am very happy and grateful with kendo opportunities to travel and meet people

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buenas, soy de Argentina, y en noviembre vino Itoh sensei a darnos un seminario de iaido.
Buscando videos de el en youtube, encontré un video tuyo de él.
Tenes toda la demostracion completa? y hay alguna posibilidad que me la puedas enviar?. saludos y muy bueno tu blog. mi nombre es Daniel y mi email es danietsu@gmail.com
saludos.